Monday, December 1, 2008

Lots of stories, all rolled in to one!

Ohh boy, what a trip. Thanksgiving was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so yummy. I was definitely saving space for the feast, if ya know what I mean ;) And now, it is all over. That is so sad. Really, a serious tragedy. I was very thankful to have two days of paid Holiday time off ... that was super great.

So, about our weekend:

As you may recall, we left Wednesday night for Petoskey. I had a great time being with family; sleeping in at Zack's parents; eating lots of food, especially the Hip Builders I brought for dessert (a BIG hit, BTW); spending time with family; decorating Zack's parent's house for Christmas; pouting at the tree farm + two tears (no joke); and getting sick. And by sick I mean SOMETHING CREPT IN that I didn't authorize. But... We don't need to discuss any of that nast. Just know I survived the 3-day madness like a Princess. FACT: I went through an entire box of tissue in about 1.5 days. OK, that's enough! Wait, quick: And I enjoyed those yummy lozenges that "are absolutely necessary when not feeling well." You know what I'm talkin' about here... those great Cherry "cough drops" for the Sneaky and Sassy-filled Sick. Not to be confused with Sucrets, however.

No, please don't confuse the two.

I will never use those drops again in my life. Once, when I was little (in age, not size) my dad bought a tin of Sucrets and somehow I accidentally ate the entire tin before he noticed they were missing. We then had the "Maggie, you can't eat cough drops, they aren't candy. Don't ever do that again. Naughty," talk. Maybe that is why I was a little reluctant to buy COUGH DROPS instead of LOZENGES?!?! So since that was really embarrassing and now I've just shared it with the entire universe, let's talk about something else...

Aside from food, what else is Thanksgiving good for?!?! Any guesses???

SHOPPING + MEGA SALES

:) :) :) :) :) :)

We were in JoAnn's yesterday and although I spent just $22, I did save $29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the LORD for sales.

I bought two very cute decorations for the house, two rolls of wrapping paper, some crafty items for Christmas presents :), and... that is it. I was impressed. Also, I didn't want to leave JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store. I really love the following aisles: fabrics, buttons, zippers, sewing machines, home decor, and fabrics. ;) I like fabric mucho.

I'm having a really difficult time locating online the home decor things I bought yesterday. So disappointing. How am I supposed to share my good finds?! :( I guess I'll just have to take some real-life pics.

OK, now I'm getting really frustrated because I want to share my cute finds with you, and I can't! :(

I'll just talk about something else then.
Zack confessed to me in the car last night the reason he married me is because I love to talk. And he loves to hear me talk. I tried turning on the radio because I wanted some quiet time (imagine that) and he was like No, no, no, I want to talk. I like when you talk.

Oh, what a sucker! ;)

Also while we were driving home last night (the same night Zack made his big confession), I got really excited that tomorrow (today) was Dec. 1st.

YAY, 24 days until CHRISTmas.

Tonight I'm decorating our house for the big occasion. We hung our huge 20" REAL wreath last night, as soon as we got out of the car. It's on the front door. It rocks. It's huge. Did you get that?! :) It also has a big plaid bow :)

PS. I'm sorry Zack for pouting at the tree farm in Petoskey. And for whipping out two tears like that. I just really wanted a wreath to hang on the door. So thank you for buying it for me. It is beautiful :) :) :) :) :)

OK, last thing. It took us 6 hours to drive home last night from Petoskey. Oh my word. Six hours. And the kicker? There wasn't a single flake of snow once we pulled into our driveway. Why the unnecessary snow storm/blizzard/whiteout, G? Why?

Stay tuned for more stories.
You know they're coming...

*update*
Sunday is our 6-month anniversary ♥

***Daily Devotional Bible Verse:
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7 (NLT)

2 comments:

Gussy Sews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZWhit said...

I'm in love with you. And your sassy get-a-wreath tactics, and your mouth that never quits talking. :)

I accidentally posted on here from your account so I deleted it, and reposted it here ;)