Friday, November 27, 2009

{Featured Artist: MadeByMavis}




Here at Gussy has a lot to say we love to look at all things beautiful. Beautiful wall art, beautiful accessories to decorate your home, beautiful stories about family life.

Today marks week #3 of my series on featured Etsy artists. It is my goal to introduce some drool-worthy eye-candy. Over the next few months I'll be showcasing hand-selected Etsy artists that offer products that I think will appeal to you, my readers.

Please join me in welcoming Ana at MadeByMavis.


***

Where do you call home? Are you from there originally? Westerville, Ohio. Yep, lived here my whole life and I am in love with the town. It has a small feel but still next to a large city, so it is the perfect combo!


Name something unique to where you live. The home of prohibition.


If you had to describe yourself in a word, what would that word be? Sarcastic.


What made you decide to open up shop? I got tired of the 9-5 and have always wanted to be creative and work with my hands to create something lovely.



Name your favorite thing about selling handmade. Getting to see the whole process from start to finish.


Do you have a day job or sell on Etsy full-time? I have a day job still. I work for an office in a desk job, but I hope to become a full-time seller very soon.



Give us a little glimpse into what a typical day in your life looks like. I wake up and take my puppies for a walk. Grab a cup of coffee and go to my 9-5. Come home and make dinner, then play poker with my man.


Share with us a favorite Etsy purchase or shop. My engagement ring is my favorite Etsy purchase {LaurieSarahDesigns}. It is a heliador gemstone with six diamonds on either side. It is the most beautiful thing that I own.



List a few of your most favorite pastimes. I enjoy snowboarding, yoga and poker.


Read any good books lately? I have to admit that I enjoy reading any historical romance novel. It is a dirty secret, haha. Sometimes it is just fun to get lost in a light hearted book and forget about the day.


What is your most prized possession? My vintage triangle chair is up there. It was
the one that my grandpa used to sit in and all of my aunts have had it in their apartments at one time.



What are three of your favorite foods? Hamburgers, rhubarb pie, and anything Chinese.


What would you like to learn to do? Blowing glass has always been a goal of mine. Someday...



What are you listening to right now? Kings of Leon.


Name one place you must visit in your lifetime and why. Greece. There is something magical to me about Greece. I have always enjoyed Greek mythology.


***

For even more products, please visit Ana's Etsy shop.


Please check back Friday, December 4 for yet another featured artist post!