Saturday, December 5, 2009

{Christmas tour}


Well, it's done. Hubbs and I have decorated our Minneapolis apartment. As opposed to our condo in Seattle or our house in.... {Just kidding. We only have one home and it's in Minneapolis.} And it is decorated and it is sooooooo cute. We played Christmas music all day last Saturday while putting up our decor. Zack and some great ideas, too. I can't deny that. Although I won't share which ideas were his. I can keep a secret :)

One thing I love about Christmas decorations is that some of them were given to me by my parents. Others are ones we've gathered since being married. Some were even bought this season, like the c-u-t-e fabric Christmas trees shown at the end of this post.

No, do not scroll down. I am talking. Hah! Just kidding :) Do whatever you want :)

Zack's grandma gave us this glass snowman dish. For safety, I've put red ornaments inside. In place of candy. {I wonder how long that will last...?}

My mom made the candle rigamaroo. The tan/gold stones and glass vase are left over from our wedding reception. She added a piece of holiday glam {the red berries} and a candle. Mama Gus and I love candles. Slowly I am helping Mom Whitley to love candles, too ;)




Oh looky here. More candles. Candles = warmth and comfort. I can't imagine my home without them. I know for a fact my mom instilled this tradition in me. My mom has a candle closet. {I'm sew jealous.}

I have recently upgraded from a candle drawer to a cabinet.
SO PROUD! :)





I used tips from
The Nester {use what you have Christmas decor} and added some festive color to this red vase. I love how it looks! Our coconut tree and spider plant love it, too. {The image above was also inspired by Nester's post.}

I bought this vase while in college at Meijer for like $3. I'm so glad I did, too. While I didn't need it at the time I just knew I would need it at some point. Because I'm good like that.




THIS IS MY RED COUCH. My lovely, rich red couch. The inside of the couch is from the Helak family. The outside is Whitley. A perfect mix of both sides of our families :)
Oh look, three Christmas trees made out of fabric. This pillow is da bomb and sort of matches the other set of three Christmas trees in this post...




I also got this idea for a pretty fabric bow from The Nester. While we've ever only talked on the phone and via email, she is my go-to design gal.



Yes, you read that right, I TALKED ON THE PHONE TO
THE NESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 53 minutes.

Below is a nutcracker man from my Aunt Judy. It is from Germany. Yeow! I love his soft, white hair. It feels real, but better.

Speaking of Christmas, the FRIENDS FOREVER picture frame {also shown below} has me and my big bro sitting under the Christmas tree. I'm like 2.5; Matt is like 4.5. Years-old, duh.

We are wearing matching pajamas. When I have kids they are so {sew} wearing matching pajamas. Maybe even a red bow tie for the boy, too ;)





Valerie, look at my Nativity Set. You have this, too, right? My parent's gave this set to me as a bridal shower gift. I wanted it so badly. Every year for Christmas they've given me and Zack another piece/set. Do you have a set that your family continues to bless you with each year?



See this red plaid ribbon? It was used to make the big bow on our lamp base, as well for the garland here. I love the little silver and red jingle bells mixed in...



Fabric trees!!! I love them! If they weren't glued to a wooden base I'm sleep with them, they are that cute! Want a set of your own? You can find them at Target.






Merry Christmas!



PS. I added an RSS feed to my blog, so if you'd like to subscribe via Google Reader (or another program) you most certainly can :)

15 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

Great decorations!

Katie said...

looks so pretty!!

Valerie said...

Your apartment looks lovely! I love all the decorations!

I'm planning to do my Christmas tour with my new camera...stay tuned!

I have that same nativity scene to a degree. I don't have the manger. I got the basic 6 piece set. I'm planning on adding to it every year until I have the full set :)

(It's funny, I was reading your post and then I saw my name. lol. I wasn't expecting that.)

Lisa B. said...

The Christmas tour, of your very lovely apartment, was so much fun! I love all your decorations..so pretty!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty!! I loved those trees when I saw them at Target, too. They look really cute in your home.

ZWhit said...

Yeow!
I seriously love that you say that, and I seriously love that you do "yeow" instead of "yow".

You would go the extra mile. Punk.

B. said...

You have such a nice apartment. And you TALK to the NESTER?!!

A Stable Beginning said...

Everything is just beautiful, love the little snowman and the pillow. Too cute!
Merry Christmas!

Decor To Adore said...

Your home is just beautiful! May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.

Jorgelina said...

Everything looks so pretty!!
Great decorations!
Merry Christmas!

The Nester said...

I LOVE your sofa. So sassy. So GUSSY!

53 minutes? It seemed like forever. Just kidding, it seemed like 1 minute. Just kidding. it seemed like about 53 minutes.

heart you,

Sue said...

Loved the decorations, thanks for sharing.
Sue

Jodi Nelson said...

Merry Christmas! So fun to discover so many wonderful blogs through the tour!

Laryssa Herbert said...

I'm a big Willow Tree fan too!

Thanks for showing us around. Come by and visit me anytime. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Thanks for showing us around! I am stopping in from Nester's place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog.