Tuesday, October 21, 2008

scarves, pumpkins, and inspiration

This little bug has made its way into our home, and I've had enough! First I was sick for almost a week, and now Zack is sick. We're each taking turns staying home from work this year I suppose. We are having fun celebrating our first fall together as a married couple. We had a great weekend. We were able to spend some time with our friends Joel & Megan. I had to whip out the box of scarves and hats Friday night. Brrr, it's sure chilly outside. Totally loving it though! We bought a huge pumpkin over the weekend to carve and Zack raked the leaves into the street (thank you city of Ferndale!). I did wifey things, like cleaning and baking cookies. I brought a little baggie into work today and it is almost empty :) Guess everyone does love a homemade Chocolate Chip cookie.

In between cleaning "sessions," I found little projects that I've been meaning to do since we moved in. For instance, hang all my purses somewhere so I can admire them daily. I got a few out and Zack said, Oh, I haven't seen that one in a while. [pause] Or that one. Maybe you should donate a few...

Umm, do you want dinner this week?

;)

I have been reading this blog pretty diligently and it is has been a really inspirational way to spend some free time. It is written by a wife and mother named Angie, and she lives in Tennessee with her family. In January of this year, their family was told that the baby she was expecting would most likely not survive. The blog follows the storyline from when the news was first delivered up to today. Angie is a very, very strong Christian woman, but what is so great about this blog is her ability to be real with her feelings and frustrations. Some days she is mad at God, but she never stops loving and praising Him. I invite you to start from the beginning and read forward. Remember to read from the bottom up (newest posts are at the top of the page.) It is wonderful...

That is all I have for today. Thanks for reading :)

No comments: