Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Five things to share

A couple things of importance:
  • Our house is decorated for Christmas :)
  • I have pictures to show you
  • I have new items on my Etsy site :)
  • It is the season for Love + Believing
  • I have new music for my website (check out the music player at the end of my blog)

Go ahead and breathe that sigh of relief... here are my Christmas decoration pics:



Adorably cute wall sign from JoAnn's. It says "Cozy"---


Snowman from JoAnn's + our little tree :)


Two special ornaments: "Just Married" and Spider-Man---


My little Snowman!!! :)---


A personal apology to my plants. They were "kicked out" of their little window corner.
Hopefully they are tough and survive the next month ;)


Santa Sled + Reindeer, this is a "family-inherited" decoration---

On my way to work this morning I drove past a very large cemetery. I pass this landmark every morning, but even so I couldn't help but notice the HUNDREDS of garlands and wreaths keeping watch at every single grave site. It was amazing. Amidst the beautiful white snow stood proud at least one strong marker that says, We're thinking of you. We miss you. We love you. We haven't forgotten about you.

We'll see you again...

It was really, really cool. Such an uplifter. Also every morning, on my way to work, I listen to the radio. At 8:30 a.m., on the dot, the radio host has THANK YOU JESUS time. It's amazing. Listeners call in and share what they are thankful for. But before that starts, Stephanie (the host), plays a song. :) It's so cool. She says, At this moment we take time out of our day to say...

And the music begins...

"THANK YOU JESUS," sung by this large, powerful, booming choir. I can't help but feel such a blanket of protection over me. Which is why being a Christian only seems like the right thing to be. We don't have to "do" anything, to have Christ want and love us. He already loves us; He loved us from The Beginning. He just wants us to love back, to love others as He loves. It's a perfect thing, really. How can being a Christian NOT be the most amazing choice? It's such an exemplary lifestyle. Something to work on constantly. Something to be proud of :) Something to use to lift others up, because we make mistakes, too. We aren't perfect, yet we are loved. Jesus just wants us to pick Him. That is what is satisfying to Him...

Deuteronomy 7:6 (NIV)

For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.


It really is a great thing to have in life... God.

1 comment:

ZWhit said...

you rock.
I liked your post.
GG.