Monday, December 15, 2008

he just wants three minutes

Yesterday was a great day. I had an incredibly wonderful afternoon with my MOH (maid of honor). We met up in Lansing and spent the first good hour just talking over a delicious Teddy Bear (white chocolate + caramel) from Biggby's. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon talking while shopping. Then I came home and talked, talked, talked to my aunt, Zack, and... I believe that is all. Whew. There was just so much to share. I mean, I scored some awesome deals Christmas shopping yesterday... 50% savings are definitely something to talk about. Also, I did most of my shopping on caffeine. Very important to know. Once I got home, my aunt and I talked about how excited we are to have ALL family members present for our December "Christmas/welcome home Aunt J and Uncle P" party.

But anyways... The point is yesterday I just had a lot to say. This should just be expected, so I'm not sure what the big deal was when it was time to get in bed and I was still TALKING. I had all ten layers of jammies on, Zack had all ten layers on, we were face to face and I was just finding more and more to share as the minutes passed on. Finally I paused long enough to take a long breath and Zack snuck in.

When is it time for you to stop talking?!?!


Umm... I think you'll know when I'm done.
(It will be quiet).


Just kidding, I didn't say that to him. It was dark so I just smiled REALLY fast and then said, Honey, I'm just not sleepy yet.

Maybe if you stopped talking for three minutes you'll get sleepy.


What is this?!?!
My mom wouldn't have ever told me that. She would have just rubbed my back and listed patiently until it was her turn to talk. And at that point I would have listened patiently. It's clearly a give and take relationship. 50/50. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

I mean, I call her for a quick question on my knitting project and we talk for at least 40 more minutes. This is not how I was raised... to "stop talking for three minutes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember how I actually fell asleep, I just know I did because I woke up (again) to the smell of deliciousness coming from the kitchen INTO our bedroom.

:) :) :)
So I guess there weren't too hard of feelings between us.

I suppose if Zack wants me to be quiet for three minutes I can do that. As long as he makes us breakfast once a week.

But even then just know I'm only going to not talk for three minutes once a week.

Because marriage is all about treating each other fairly. And with love.

LOVE YOU SWEET HUBBY! :)

No comments: