Tuesday, March 31, 2009

{day 2, ohhhhh my hips}


Ohhhhh,
my goodness!!! There is nothing like being sore after not exercising for __ months. Yeah, I know I shared a lot yesterday, but if you haven't figured out for yourself how long it's been, I'm not giving you any clues!!! :) I was so utterly exhausted yesterday evening that I hardly could stay awake. But, knowing how weird my body has been lately {like how caffeine has recently kept me awake when I drink it in the evening {which is so ridiculous!}}, I wasn't about to hop in bed at 8 pm. There is no need to ever be awake at 5am... Ever.

Now I know 7 am is pushing it, but because I'm a good wife, I get up with my husband so he can get to work and not have to rise at 6:30 am just to get everything done and yes I know this is a run-on sentence but it's a little fun to write them once-in-a-while. Whew. Basically, I'm trying to say 7 am is early enough to rise. So I pushed myself and made it to 11 pm before crashing. And crash is hardly the word I'd use. I did get up at 7 with Z, but... I did take a cat-nap after. Once all of that jazz was done with, I decided I wasn't going to wash my hair today {I NEVER not wash it!}. And I think God was trying to tell me something. Because... I started to get dressed... and nothing was going my way. What the heck, just get outside, I thought to myself. Ohhh, yes. He sure did give me the desire of my heart. Immediately. {It was more like a, Do this or else desire, but that doesn't matter, right?} I didn't realize it was a desire initially, but then I remembered it's been __ months since I exercised and it's time to make some changes around here ;) So the desire was present.

Ahem.

Exhibit A:

Psalm 20:4
May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.


And Exhibit B:

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Now that I've finished day 2 of exercising, I'm really saying some strong prayers tonight. Because while it took seriously every ounce in me to NOT TURN AROUND AND GO BACK HOME, I'm kind of contemplating whether I should call Zack and have him rent me a wheelchair for the next few days.

Do you think that would be OK?

Yeah, me either...

So, I've got a pretty good track record going.

LORD, please do something awesome tomorrow that gets me out of the house, just like you did today. Maybe find a neighborhood brat to watch our house every morning to make sure I get out for at least 45 minutes. Can you arrange for that? I know you can! Thanks in advance.
Love, Gussy



No comments: