Monday, March 30, 2009

{a breath of fresh air}

I have been feeling really antsy to get outside and stretch my legs, but something has been holding me back. Fear of not being able to keep up with myself? Fear of being too cold? Fear of having sore lungs once I got back in the house? I believe it was fear of simply failing. So many times I start this great plan of, I'm going to get in shape, NOW! And so many times I never, ever finish. It is becoming a very disappointing thing. Why can't I hold myself accountable to this? Then I need to remember this verse:

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Even though I was having uncertainties on what really was holding me back, God knew I could do it. God doesn't have any uncertainties :)

For so long I was letting the devil hold me down. That is so bad! God has great plans for me... for all of us, and it's to be a healthy wife, daughter, friend and aunt. I have all the resources to exercise: great shoes, clothes -- even an iPod! I have been failing myself, keeping myself from getting in shape and having a great power walk. However, today I broke the chain of limitation. I put on my workout clothes and before I could find another distraction I walked outside. Just like that.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.


My workout was the most refreshing decision I have made in such a long time. You know what I'm talking about, right? Not working out has made me feeling like I can't take a long enough breath, one that comes deep from my lungs. It was almost becoming a suffocating feeling. I don't always remember how important exercise is, but every time I'm done with exercise I remember.

I need to be praying about this more so I don't feel so alone.

Psalm 20:4
May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.


I need to share this with God so it's not so easy to put aside.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.


Don't give up, Gussy! Make plans for exercise. Trust in the LORD.


Psalm 31:6
I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD.








3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

This is a beautiful post- so true, so well written- Thank you for sharing!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

nikki said...

My legs wanted to fight you this morning when I was walking down the stairs!!!

Unknown said...

Go Gussy!!!