Wednesday, September 30, 2009

{I just couldn't stop typing...}


Brrrrrr!
Fall has arrived in Minneapolis! I could see Zack's breath this morning on our walk to work. The season is approaching fast... I hope winter doesn't visit Minneapolis that abruptly. Who am I kidding? I'm sure it will :) Gussy is prepared, though! My cute mittens will be arriving this week. I just know I'm going to treasure them; they are so adorable. Have you ordered anything new for the season?



***

Look at this snazzy, sassy number I put together tonight:


And, it smells great.
Double bonus.

I'm really loving the cooler weather.
Pillows, special yellow blankets, and to-die-for candle scents are on the top of my favorites list! I also found my yarn and knitting needles. I'm working on my domestic skillz by sewing a little cozy for our bookshelf.


***

Another great cold-weather fav. is my crock pot. Last night we had Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie. Tonight we're having Tomato Basil Bisque Soup with Gourmet Grilled Cheese.
{That means like three slices of cheese!}

We should do a recipe swap, yes?

***

Guess what else would be great for newly arrived cold-weather?
Some houndstooth fabric, of course.

My friend Natalie suggested the idea to me and I love it! :)



***

How lovely are these
hand dyed ribbon roses?!

{I'd love a bowl of them for around the house.}

Buy them for me?


***

Lastly, did you know Gussy is having an Etsy sale? In addition to the two giveaways you could enter {I believe they end soon}, there's a sale to celebrate 150 Etsy transactions.
Sweet!

{Actually, I'm at 151, but that's a bit besides the point, right?}

The sale looks like this:



Go ahead, click the banner, visit my site,
and tell me your thoughts -- they are
always welcomed.



4 comments:

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Hmmm...how long does the sale last? Is it enough time to convince my sweetheart that I really do need one more thing?

=)

I love your "snazzy number"!! I wish we decorated more for fall. Maybe I should start taking that upon my self. =)

HB, The Impulsive Minimalist said...

I would love, Love, LOVE the recipe for Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie! That sounds delicious :)

Can't wait to see the bookshelf cozy!

-Heather
www.crafteegyrl.wordpress.com
www.crafteegyrl.etsy.com

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Yay for sales...I spent WAY too much time yesterday trying to decide which Gussy to buy...still haven't made up my mind.

I'm with Heather, please share the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gussy...you are so cute...buy this for me please...cute!