Sunday, October 18, 2009

{just a few more hours}

Gosh, how is it Sunday already?! I remember ten years ago, being 14-years-old, and feeling soooo bored some times. The weekends could really drag on then. Now? Now I feel like the weekend is over before it's even begun! Absolutely not fair.There is always something going on, whether it be a Gussy + Hubbs work party, errands, post office trips, sewing, cleaning, hanging out in the Minneapolis apartment... See? So many things :) It is great! It just goes by too fast.

Perhaps if I ran some errands during the week? Perhaps then it wouldn't slip away from me. For some reason I prefer a good marathon dinner preparation and a movie with Z.


***

JUST A FEW MORE HOURS...




...until I pick the winners! At 5 p.m. Central Time the Gussy Giveaway will close and I'll pick the winners. I'll announce them Monday morning -- I figure what better way to start the work week than with some ruffle'd fun :)

***

I spent some time yesterday morning taking pictures of our apartment. The lighting was coming in just perfectly... I couldn't resist. I also found myself in the mirror here... would you look at that brown hair on Gus?! Yup. About 3 weeks now I colored it back to brown. With some red. And brown. Did you know it has a tint of red? ;) It's perdy. When I first colored it I would see my reflection in the mirror and practically stop in my tracks {is that the right wording?!}. Now, however, I see those brown curls fly by and I don't even take a glance. Shoooooot.


...stay tuned!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I know exactly what you mean about weekends flying by! And about them dragging when I was younger. Oh I have a clock almost like yours. I need to paint mine and pretty it up a bit. Can't wait to see who wins! Love your blog.

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Ooh, Gussy, I like your clock in that pic. And earlier today I was reading on my iPod with the sweetheart looking over my shoulder; he didn't know what I was looking at, and when the pic went by, he asked if it was me! Although we probably don't really look alike, but I thought it was funny. =) And I like brown-haired Gussy!

I'm excited to see who won, though I have a sinking feeling that it isn't me...well, we'll just see!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

P.S. I feel like I always leave super long, chatty comments...hope you don't mind! =)

Anonymous said...

Why are your Gussy's hanging out with a black mustache? Odd...

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Cute hair (let's see a bigger pic!)! Isn't it crazy to not recognize yourself in the mirror?

Gussy Sews said...

Jenn, because mustache's are so much fun! :)