Sunday, May 17, 2009

{weekend recap}

Oh, gosh. This weekend went by way too fast.

Way. Too. Fast.

Friday evening, once my MOH {Maid of Honor} left, I sewed away like a little Gussy that could. I had a lot of time to make up ;) Then I took a break, did my 30 Day Shred workout, showered, rented a DVD with the hubbs, and... crashed early! I was so tired we decided to watch the movie another night. Zack suggested watching it in bed but I knew that would be a silly idea! Oh, and dinner was served at one hour or another.

Saturday I enjoyed a morning of SLEEPING IN! By sleeping in, I, Mrs. Wake-up-at-7-a.m., slept until 9 a.m. It felt great! However, I would have really enjoyed it if my brain didn't wake up every half hour starting at 7. But aside from that, no complaints :) There weren't any lunches to pack, no make-up to put on... just a nice, relaxing morning. I was enjoying my daily cup of coffee, reading some blogs, when Z suggested instead of going to Chipotle for lunch I have my hair highlighted at the Douglas J Aveda salon.

ALRIGHT! Sounds great!
, I told him.

Are you confused on why we'd eat out {or get highlights} when we're trying to save 3 gajillion dollars? {Remember the transmission issue?!?!} Well... we decided maybe a week ago to set some major goals for ourselves. At X we'd go out to eat. At Y we'd go to another restaurant, and at $3 gajillion, I mean Z, we'd go to a super fancy restaurant {and hopefully I'll be wearing my new dress}. The point is to reward ourselves after some serious cash saving. Key word: CASH! So instead of going to Chipotle, where I could honestly eat at every day of my young life, Zack, my super great husband, offered that I head to the salon.

OK!!!!!!!! :)

I do remember him saying, Babe, I think we would both benefit from that. It's OK... Then he flashed me a big smile. How could I turn that down?!?! The smile, I mean.

While it is sacrificial to save, save, save right now, I can only imagine how great it will feel to not owe a bank money in the future had we put this unexpected expense on credit. It's hard to say "NO" to things that are pretty and cute at the store, but I tell you it is so much better to be disciplined about it. Besides, that is what goals are for. Little rewards along the way keep us going strong! :)

Once I was done at the salon {and my roots were fixed with just a little extra less blonde} I met up with Zack and his uncle. We ran some errands around town, headed back to the house where again, I sewed for a few hours, and then our cousins came over and we babysat them at our humble abode. They are so cute! It was great hearing Zack play with them and the things that came out of his mouth when talking to them. He's going to be a great dad some day :) I'm very blessed.

Saturday night came and went; still no movie. I guess it's good that Blockbuster lets you keep it for an extra week before you get any late charges? We'll probably be thankful for that amenity this upcoming week... ha ha.

That brings us to today -- Sunday! Zack and I tried out a new church and really enjoyed it. The message was amazing -- it was focused on 1 Corinthians 5:13 and it was jam-packed with bible verses. I loved it! After church we went to the grocery store {something we love to do together -- honest! :)} and enjoyed a healthy lunch at home. I did a bunch of work for my Etsy shop ---
  • prepped materials for a handful of Ruffle Gus wallets and Mini-Gus coin purses to re-stock my shop
  • prepped materials for a new clutch
  • prepped materials for a couple custom orders
  • finished a custom order
  • drolled over my new Heather Bailey fabrics. You'll see what I'm talkin' about in a few days...

See? Not only does sewing take a lot of work, but it takes a lot of time! Hopefully I'll be done prepping for the rest of the week. Or at least until Thursday?

Once I put my iron away and packed up my fabric {soooooooo hate doing that} I whipped together dinner: Tortellini, thick Pepperoni slices and a rich Basil & Tomato sauce. It was so yummy. We cleaned up dinner and then it was time for my 30 Day Shred workout. Ahhh, I felt like such a slug. It was horrible! HORRIBLE! I feel good, conscious-wise, that I worked out but that is about it. Maybe it was the unnecessary peach gummy rings I consumed this weekend? Too much sugar??? I blame it on the cousins coming over, LOL!

No blaming! I'm kidding.

But in all honesty, I do feel like poo. I'm trying to focus on the half inch I have lost so far from my hips. And the amazing humor Jillian will {hopefully} bring to workout level 2. Tuesday night I'll be moving up to that new level of intensity. Woot!

Focus on your new dress, Gus...


Keep your chin up, Gus!
A half inch lost in just four days... C'mon GUS!

Alright, that is all I have on Shredding and sewing.

I was humbled when I came across this blog post written by Kara. You'll just have to click on the link to find out why :)

And now I'm going to crash for the evening...

Monday is always a busy day in the Sweat Shop ;)

2 comments:

ZWhit said...

That pepperoni tortellini basil thing was DOPE.

Erin said...

LOVE THAT DRESS!!!

I want one!

-E