Sunday, November 1, 2009

{an Italian recipe}

Easily Italian Meatloaf
{that is soooo super scrumptious!}

***

1 lb. meatloaf mixture {or 3 equal parts ground beef, pork and veal}
1 T. ketchup
3 cloves garlic
1 t. olive oil
1 egg
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt + pepper



Directions:


Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, minus the olive oil.




Spray glass dish with cooking spray. Take said mixture and form into loaf in a glass dish {I use a 5" x 7" dish, but an 8" x 8" would do, too}. Drizzle with olive oil and bake covered for 1 hour at 350* F. Remove foil and bake at 375* F for 15 minutes.




Meanwhile, prepare potatoes. Cut up 1/2 sweet onion and place in mixing bowl {I heart mixing bowls, see?}



Then add a few cloves garlic and diced red skin potatoes to your mixing bowl. Add some olive oil, salt + pepper. Mix. Add to another glass dish.



Bake for 1 hour. Remove dishes from oven and enjoy!





3 comments:

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Yum. I have never made meatloaf. I guess I need to try this out.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I love that we both made italian meatloaf last night. Another reason I should've won, but I'm not bitter or anything ; )

I posted my recipe for tomorrow!

Sarah, Ted and Eloise said...

hey! I love this post..this is something I have been wanting to do on my blog...like a step by step thing.

I just wish I had the time. I am learning to love to cook, sharing it makes it that much more fun. :) That meat loaf did look good. Ted and I make a pretty tasty one with turkey..I'll have to share it sometime.